Job Summary The Production Line Associate candidate will be part of a team assembling, packaging, and preparing for warehousing various HVAC sheetmetal components. Through the use of production equipment and packaging machines, team member will ensure product is built to company and industry specifications, quality control standards, and in a safe manner for themselves and those around them.
Responsibilities and Duties Employee will be required to perform and maintain the following responsibilities:
- Follow safety procedures
- Package finished parts from machine output
- Assemble final products from various components
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Work in a warehouse setting and stand for 8 hours a day
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
- Regular on-time attendance
- Employment is contingent upon employee passing a drug screen and physical.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
Qualifications and Skills The Production Line Associate position ranges from entry level to a minimal amount of experience. Team members must be hard working and able to follow instructions in order to complete the assigned tasks.
- Inbound freight receiving
- Full case receiving stocking
- Customer return processing
- Full case order selecting and replenishment processing
- Order shipping and truck loading
- Typically requires the use of Stock Pickers, Reach Trucks, Counter Balance Forklifts and Electric Pallet Jacks.
- Ensure proper trailer docking procedures are followed; unload trailer, stage product and inspect pallets for quantity and damages; remove damaged product and validate all paperwork to the load (i.e., piece count, signatures, etc.); properly annotate discrepancies on freight bill or appropriate documents; utilize warehouse technology to verify and process freight and create receiving manifest and receipt tickets.
- Place receipt tickets on correct item(s) on pallet; sort pallet between bulk and shelf items; transport pallet or cartons to appropriate zone or location; remove carton(s) from pallet, green rack or cart and place in designated warehouse location.
- Print applicable Return Goods Report; obtain and enter return authorization number into warehouse technology and print and apply return ticket(s); inspect return item for quantity and quality assurance; clean, repackage and/or repair item (if necessary); complete necessary oral and written communication (i.e., order supplies; credit or return information); disposition item to appropriate location.
- Obtain pick label(s) and locate appropriate items and quantities; place shipping/pick label on carton and prepare carton; follow packing slip process and apply to carton as chiefessays.net necessary; place carton/bags on conveyor or rolling equipment for transport to appropriate staging location; stock “HOT Replenishments” as needed.
- Review system and/or order to determine what is short or out at location and utilize warehouse technology to ‘look up’ alternate locations for item; if available obtain carton from bulk location or eaches from shelf location; document receipt transactions and follow warehouse technology procedures to process order.
- Unload fulfilled carton/bags and stage for shipping on appropriate pallet; apply stretch wrap to completed pallets; write appropriate information on pallet placard or shrink wrap; stage pallets and load truck; secure and stabilize cartons and pallets throughout the loading process.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment following all policies and procedures
- Active participant in our Lean Continuous Improvement culture and process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highly dependable individual demonstrating key Metal Zinc Values including Teamwork, Integrity, Honesty and Accountability.
- Ability to perform all required tasks to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, pallet jack and walkie-rider.
- Ability to leverage appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, Associate Kiosks etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to perform basic math.
High quality. Low cost. People who care.